Nutrition Packed Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cups milk (1or 2%milk)
- 2 cups vanilla soy beverage.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a 3 quart saucepan melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar and ½ cup milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until the mixture comes to a full boil (4 to 5 min.)
- Stir in remaining milk and soy beverage. Continue cooking over med. heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (12 to 15 min.) DO NOT BOIL
- Add vanilla. Beat with wire whisk or rotary beater until frothy.
- Pour into mugs.
- Optional garnish ideas: small marshmallows, sweetened whipped cream, grated chocolate, grated lemon peel, grated orange peel, cinnamon, and nutmeg
Nutritional information: Serves 12 with approximately ¾ cup each
Calories 144, Carbohydrates 19g, Protein 5.5g, Fat 5.6g, Sodium 66mg
*with 2% milk