Chickpeas and Kale Pesto Fettuccini
- 30 g pine nuts, toasted
- 85 g parmesan, coarsely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 6 large leaves of kale
- Juice 1 lemon and 1 tsp lemon rind
- 500 g wholegrain fettuccine
- Spray olive oil
- 300 g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1 case of small cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
Place the pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, oil, kale and lemon juice in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Season to taste.
Cook fettuccine in a large pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions.
Drain and return to the pan. Add kale pesto and toss to coat the pasta and then add chickpea, capers, onions, tomatoes and parsley. Season with the lemon juice, black pepper and parmesan to serve.